I-Process is based on the concept of process mapping. A Process Map is a graphical representation of a process. It represents the entire process from start to finish, including:
1) Process inputs and outputs,
2) Activities and responsibility,
3) Pathways, parallel processes, and process loops,
4) Decision points,
5) Key measures, metrics, objectives, and targets, and
6) Interaction with other processes.
Depending on your objectives, a Process Map can represent the entire process at a high or detailed level, allowing detailed analysis and process optimization. Furthermore, a Process Map is an ideal instructional tool for assuring effective training and process consistency. Once Process Maps are established, an organization can work towards ensuring its processes are effective (the right process is followed the every time), and efficient (continually improved to ensure processes use the least amount of resources)